Events & Fundraisers
Saturday, September 30
PARTY WITH A PURPOSE.
Dubbed a “Party with A Purpose,” Casino Royale is
LifeSight's only annual fundraiser and has contributed close to
$300,000 in net proceeds to sustain LifeSight's
distinctive programming. Funds raised:
- identify children with sight-threatening vision disorders through free vision screenings
- surgically restore sight for economically underserved individuals whose livelihood is endangered due to vision loss
- provide no-cost eye exams and glasses to persons struggling to work because they cannot see to complete a job application or perform job tasks,
- underwrite educational scholarships for future ophthalmologists, and
- facilitate research on children’s vision and
- community eye care needs.
This year's event, hosted at
is a casual, relaxed evening of casino-themed fun with opportunities to socialize, enjoy an elegant hors d’oeuvre and dessert buffet, shop the unique auction collection,
or try your luck, with complimentary fun-money chips in hand, at the casino-style craps and roulette tables or challenge local celebrity dealers, who donate their time dealing at blackjack and Texas hold’em poker tables.
Past celebrity dealers include Alicia Garcia, KOTA Territory News anchor, Danny Battochio, Rush goaltending legend and co-owner of Badlands Sabres, Ryan Phillips, Rapid City Police Department Sergeant, Caroline Sharp, Tinder Box Cigar Lounge owner/proprietor, and Mark Vargo, Pennington County State’s Attorney.
RSVPs are appreciated by Friday, September 22, but not required. A donation of $75 per person is suggested at the door. Doors open at 6:00PM. LifeSight respectfully requests guests be 21 years of age or older.
LifeSight would like to extend our deepest gratitude to this year’s Casino Royale event sponsors: